Become a Board Member for a year with I Will Survive, Inc.
- Serving on the board is an important job. A nonprofit is only as good as its board members. We are always seeking motivated and dedicated board members who believe in our mission. We are currently seeking board members who also have exceptional grant writing skills. “The board as a whole – and its members individually – are answerable for everything the organization does and how those things are accomplished.” –Fisher Howe, in Nonprofit Governance and Management
- Click here to fill out a Board Member Application
Join a Committee with I Will Survive, Inc.
- Fundraising Committee
- Outreach Committee
- Board Development Committee
- Event Committee
- Grant Writing Committee
Become a Dedicated Volunteer or Intern with I Will Survive, Inc.
- Being a volunteer allows you to serve and gain experience in numerous positions in the nonprofit sector. Click here to fill out a Volunteer Application!
- Being an intern allows you to serve and add your skills and knowledge to this nonprofit organization. There are numerous intern positions available that could turn into paying contract jobs or get you closer to serving on the board where you get to make all the decisions.
- Blog/Newsletter Contributor
- Event Coordinator
- Social Media (Facebook/ Twitter/Instagram)
- Graphic Designer
- Public Relations/Outreach
- Finance/Account Management
- Executive Assistant
- Health and Wellness
- Grant Writer
Some basic requirements:
- Must be in a four year degree with an accredited university locally with a minimum to serve for a full semester.
- At least a sophomore class standing/ranking, with a minimum 3.0GPA/4.0 scale.
- Internships are open to all majors; emphasis on Nonprofit Management, Fundraising, Public Relations, Public Administration, Public Health, Event Planning, Business Administration, Operations Management, and Project Management.
Work Schedule/Time Commitment:
Flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed, approximately 10-15 hours/week, with exact days and times to be determined according to your school schedule. Some job duties may be done from home, but weekly meetings with IWS staff will be required.
Credit: Academic credit given for full semester in approved college/university.
To apply for this internship, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email submissions only! Please NO phone calls!