Want to be a partner, affiliate, serve as a vendor, sponsor, volunteer, invest, donate, or simply want to sit on the Board of Directors? Please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We would love to hear from you. Help us continue with outreach in our communities by providing prevention education, economic support, and health & wellness services.
Survivors in our programs range from 30 to 78 years of age and are typically single mothers with 2-3 dependents, living in poverty (according to the federal poverty level), and under-insured. We serve 13 counties of Greater Atlanta; yet, the most of our resources goes towards Fulton, DeKalb, Gwinnett, Cobb, Clayton, and Henry counties.
Our number one referral is from United Way and our strongest community partner is with I Care Atlanta (Food Pantry). We participate in several community health fairs throughout the year in partnership with Peach State Health Plan.
Breast cancer/cancer organizations and health organizations in which we partner and/or support are the
Black Women’s Health Imperative, American Cancer Society, Georgia Breast Cancer Coalition, Sisters By Choice, Young Survival Coalition, The Breast Cancer Survivors Network, The Pink Frog Foundation, Piedmont Cancer Wellness, and more.
Find out more about sponsor opportunities by clicking here!
Need us to come to an event? Please click here to complete all the logistical information.
We are not an organization that raises funds for research, however, we believe Dr. Green‘s research is something to support!
Fact Sheet (frequently asked questions)
What is I Will Survive, Inc.?
• A not-for-profit, 501 (c) (3) organization with a mission to provide prevention education, economic support, and health & wellness services to those at higher risk and those affected by breast cancer.
• Our values: Innovation, Wellness, and Sustainability.
• Our vision: To be the leading preventative breast cancer awareness and funding organization in the world. Imagine a world with health care equality for all with a holistic approach.
• Three programs consist of financial assistance, educational awareness, and health & wellness survivorship.
• Founded in 2010 by Anisa Palmer.
How does it work?
• Through volunteer labor and donations of money and materials, I Will Survive, Inc. works with a large scale of single mothers and families to ensure higher survival rates.
• In addition to providing educational awareness, I Will Survive, Inc. provides financial assistance to ensure individuals are able to get breast screenings, cover travel costs to health care facilities, get rent/mortgage paid, utilities paid, as well as other deemed necessities to help reduce stress.
• I Will Survive, Inc. also puts on events to allow local community members to become involved and active in creating a healthy community.
How are individuals selected for our programs?
• Families in need of I Will Survive, Inc. services go through an application process in order to qualify for programs.
• Race, religion, sex, gender, national origin, background, or creed is not a factor on who is helped by I Will Survive, Inc. We do not discriminate.
Where does I Will Survive, Inc. operate?
• In the metropolitan area of Georgia, which include 13 counties that are also annotated in the United Way database. Most of our referrals come from United Way 211. Health education workshops are held at the facility and all over the community.
How are donations distributed and used?
• Gifts designated to a specific program or project is allocated for that program or project.
• Gifts are used where most needed and for operational expenses or assigned by donor.
Who controls and manages I Will Survive, Inc.?
• An energetic team of board members, growing committees, and a combat veteran as the Executive Director.
• Board members are dedicated volunteers who are deeply concerned about the programs and helping lower income communities survive.
• The I Will Survive, Inc. headquarters office is operated by an administrative staff, professional and support volunteers in the community.
How can I become a volunteer?
• Keep alert on VolunteerMatch.com for volunteer opportunities or visit us during business hours.
How can I get more information?
• Visit www.IWillSurviveInc.org
• Contact us at 404-483-8503 or contact@IWillSurviveInc.org
• Visit us on Tuesday to Thursday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at 5879 New Peachtree Rd. Suite D, Doraville, GA 30340, USA