We are looking for new board members for the new year. Are you the newest board member? We are looking for individuals in the community that are passionate about our mission and ready to serve. You can serve one to two year commitments and are required to make an annual contribution and attend a minimum of four board meetings annually. Beginning 2016, there is one annual board retreat, quarterly socials are not mandatory but encouraged, with encouragement to lead one event in addition to the “Give or Get” approach to fundraising for our programs. We attend the Board Recruitment Fair with United Way annually. See you there in 2016!
Become a Board Member for a year with I Will Survive, Inc.
- Serving on the board is an important job. A nonprofit is only as good as its board members. We are always seeking motivated and dedicated board members who believe in our mission. “The board as a whole – and its members individually – are answerable for everything the organization does and how those things are accomplished.” –Fisher Howe, in Nonprofit Governance and Management
- Click here to fill out a Board Member Application
Join a Committee with I Will Survive, Inc.
- Fundraising Committee
- Outreach Committee
- Board Development Committee
- Event Committee
- Grant Writing Committee
Become a Dedicated Volunteer or Intern with I Will Survive, Inc.
- Being a volunteer allows you to serve and gain experience in numerous positions in the nonprofit sector. Click here to fill out a Volunteer Application!
- Being an intern allows you to serve and add your skills and knowledge to this nonprofit organization while increasing your resume portfolio. There are numerous intern positions available, here are some below.
To apply for an internship, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email submissions only! Please NO phone calls! We are 100% virtual right now due to COVID-19. Watch Orientation Video
Internship and Volunteer Positions for I WILL SURVIVE
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Interns: College Students or College Grads
Assistants: High School Students
Information Technology Intern/Manager:
IWS is looking for a professional and determined college student interested in working with a non-profit organization for the position of IT Intern/IT manager. The IT Intern or Manager (if full time) will be responsible for developing in house tools and services tailored to smooth internal operations at I Will Survive. Additionally, he/she will also be responsible for maintaining current infrastructure, collecting and analyzing data. Other duties include updating the I Will Survive website, IT troubleshooting, support for equipment, and IT support for any events.
Positions available for Spring/Summer/Fall
Information Technology Assistant:
IWS is looking for tech-savvy and driven students interested in working with a non-profit organization for the position of IT assistant. The IT assistant will be in charge of spreadsheet management and data entry, such as survivor, volunteer, event attendance, and sponsor tracking, as well as day-to-day troubleshooting and installing and updating software.
Positions available for Spring/ Summer/ Fall
Communications and Marketing Intern
IWS is looking for volunteer interns in the areas of Human Services, Marketing, or Communications who are capable of creating and updating our social media as well as our website. Will also be responsible for creating flyers, brochures managing our program activities, and developing new partnerships with different organizations to expand the outreach of IWS. Knowledge of graphic design and awareness of social media trends and competencies strongly preferred.
Human Resources Coordinator:
IWS is looking for talented individuals in the fields of Marketing, Finance, and Business Administration interested in working with a non-profit organization that can manage, structure, and develop our volunteer program. This includes but is not limited to:
- Reaching out to volunteers
- Manage internal and external finances of IWS, tracking weekly transactions, donations, etc.
- Manage and develop current volunteer infrastructure
Human Resources Assistant:
IWS is looking for driven and talented high school students interested in working with a non-profit organization to help coordinate our outreach programs, volunteer management, and program development. Responsibilities include aiding the HR coordinator with the aforementioned goals.
Web Designer and Web Developer Part Time Job:
IWS is looking for a Finance or Accounting intern to support and assist our Human Resources Department with collection and reporting of data, tracking IWS expenses and revenues, as well as other projects to be assigned during the time of the internship. An ideal candidate is someone who has majored in any business related major, has a proficient knowledge of Excel, and has good organizational skills.
Credit: Academic credit given for full semester in approved college/university.